By Julius Musungu
Kenya Mourns. Kitengela mourns too following the demise of Comedian Ben Maurice Onyango better known as Othuol Othuol. Here are several unknown facts that have come to life following his death:
- Churchill Show comedian Othuol Othuol’s real name was Ben Maurice Onyango and died at the young age of only 31 and hailed from Siaya County. Othuol Othuol was a stage name.
- Thuol in the Luo Language is Snake; The name Othuol Othuol is therefore a play of words and would have a literal translation in the Kiswahili language as Nyoka Wa Nyoka. Take your pick in the English language.
- He lived on the fourth floor of a flat in Kyangombe within Kitengela town. Kyangombe is heavily populated with the hustlers –For lack of a better word- from the EPZ. A one-roomed house within the precincts of Kyangombe averages 5k Monthly.
- Othuol Othuol hit the comedy stage through the Churchill show. He participated in numerous creative productions, but the most popular is the character Alloys who is a security guard at Taifa Estate in the Aunty Boss situation comedy.
- Years earlier when he appeared on stage, rumors were doing rounds that he was the son of another television comedian named Othoron’gon’go danger. Othuol Othuol did not confirm or deny the allegations.
- Othuol Othuol admitted to having struggled with alcoholism for several years but had finally defeated the Demon drink.
- Othuol’’s funeral is projected to cost between Ksh. 700,000- 1 million. The large sum has raised varied reactions, especially since he apparently struggled to access treatment in his final days due to financial constraints.
- His most common quote “ Comedy is no Joke”
The kitengelabIznet Fraternity joins the rest of the community in conveying our deepest condolences to his family.